Saturday, May 4, 2013

Free comic countdown #1





1 - SONIC THE HEDGEHOG MEGA MAN FLIPBOOK

2 - WALKING DEAD SPECIAL

3 - KABOOM SUMMER BLAST

4 - DC NATION SUPER SAMPLER #1

5 - ATOMIC ROBO & FRIENDS

6 - DH STAR WARS CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT AVATAR

7 - DRAGON BALL & RUROUNI KENSHIN RESTORATION




Of course it's a Sonic comic that would be my number 1. Sonic The Hedgehog is my favorite thing. Every month I look forward to the 2 different Sonic comics and when Free Comic Book Day comes I drool over the limit free issue. Like every year this issue is special but in a different way from the others.

This year Sonic's comic it a flip book with Mega Man. This is Mega Man's second year at Free Comic Book Day, last year was a reprint of the first issue. I love Sonic in many forms but Mega Man not so much. I played some Mega Man/X/Legends games and it's Legends that I liked the most. Classic MM games are too hard for me and X has a story I don't fully understand. MM had a few cartoons but the first one that was showed in the USA was very good. MM had many comics and manga but it's the Archie series that has a story that sticks to the game's stories while giving the characters, settings, and other factors more life. The art looks amazing as you look at it you can see the comic would look great as a 2D HD update of the games. The comic has been printing for 2 years now by the same artist and writers of the Sonic The Hedgehog comic.

Sonic The Hedgehog has had his comic printing in USA for 20 years now. The longest running comic based on a video game with more than 1 other side Sonic series being printed at the same time. It's the STH comics got made me in to a Sonic fan. This is STH's seventh year being in Free Comic Book Day and like past years the topic of the free issue is involved with the STH story line.

This year is the first time crossover of Sonic & Mega Man in any form. As I type this part 3 of the 12 part story is now on stands for pick up. This flip book is called a part 0 for the crossover. From what is shown in the preview pages this issue reprints parts of the STH & MM issues right before the crossover. This makes since to me but like always I hoped there was more. Maybe there could be in it. Fans who've been following the stories of the 2 comic won't need this issue and I don't think it will help new fan to get in to the stories. Being a STH comic with a bonus MM story I am getting this one for sure. I hope that there's more than just reprints in it.

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!



Learn more about this comic and others at the Free Comic Book Day website with other fun facts.

No comments: