Tuesday, September 4, 2012

They made me this way

because of that one game

I remember the days of when you play a video game that when you push up you go up. Then came the day I played a game I liked but I couldn't have the Y axis on the normal setting. That is when I started to play games inverted. That one game (I can't remember the name) was the only game at the time that I knew of which I couldn't change the settings to. Other games I played and will play could be set to inverted but because of that one game I started to play in a different way than some people.
family members and my BFF play

Today I still play inverted on shooters, flyers, and some others. I check the settings on all games I play now a days to make sure that it's inverted. My family members and my BFF play their games with a normal Y axis so when we share a controller or game I or they have to keep changing the setting so we can have a good time on our own terms.
play, feel, enjoy the game better

After about 12-15 years of playing like this I don't think I can or plan to play in a different setting with the Y axis. Normal is how I keep the X axis, use a D pad or keys Y axis is normal, and on PC games with a mouse Y axis is normal as well. It's just when I play with a controller with sticks that I need to invert the Y axis to play, feel, enjoy the game better. That is the way I play video games because video games made me this way.

video games made me this way


No comments: